Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Yeast / thrush?
ButterflyBaby1107 posted:
I have been totally exhausted because my baby is very fussy and then all the stress of christmas. This week we have been having a really hard time. My baby is just about two months old and has been more fussy than usual and I have been having trouble feeding her. She only wants to eat a tiny bit at a time and seems to want to eat all the time. I noticed that she does have a white patch on the back of her tongue. I am afraid that we are developing a case of thrush. Now today I feel like I am getting a yeast infection, and my right breast is sore and both my nipples feel itchy/burning. Are there any natural remedies or cures for this? I am hoping it gets better before the holidays arrive!

BreastfeedingIssuesandSolution responded:
Hi ButterflyBaby1107. I've breastfed 3 babies and only 2 of them got thrush. The naturaly remedy I used to get rid of my babies thrush within a weeks time or shorter is......YOGURT. Yes! Plain yogurt. You can go here to find more info about how to use yogurt to treat thrush: http://www.breastfeeding-issues-and-solutions.com/thrush-treatment.html . It's really easy and simple!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 36 y/o and I am truly blessed to have 2 beautiful and brilliant girls. My eldest is turning 9 this March and my youngest is 26 m/o. I am a proud ...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.