Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP! fussiness while nursing
vanessagw23 posted:
my baby will start to cry and stretch out while I am nursing her. she seems to want to eat and she will latch on but she keeps doing this and not nursing for a good amount of time. Any suggestions, perspectives please!

breastfeedingpeer responded:
Have you tried different nursing positions? maybe she just doesn't like the position she is in. If you are nursing in the cradle position are you doing both sides? Maybe she has an earache on the side you are trying to latch. How old is she? Is she teething?

vanessagw23 replied to breastfeedingpeer's response:
she's 3 mths, and may be teething... she's drooling a little and gnawing on her hands a lot. do you think if she's teething that may also cause her to nurse a bit less?

nscsb responded:
Mine does this too. I have a fast let down, so ppl keep telling me to lean way back when feeding. Supposedly so gravity doesn't make milk squirt faster and slows it down. Don't know if that will help you.

lucy4219 replied to nscsb's response:
you want to lean back enough that baby is almost laying on your chest. the slight pressure from baby on your breast will help with the fast, strong let down. it's the same principle as pressing on your breast to prevent an unwanted let down/leaking.

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.