Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spiting up with breast feeding what to do?
An_243469 posted:
I have a one month old baby girl. I am breast feeding, but she wont take my breast so I am pumping my milk into bottles. Now all of a sudden she is spitting up after an hour of feeding her, and I am burping her every oz. But she doesnt burp every time. When she spits up it is like a fountain of milk exploding in the air. What should I do?HELP!

kell0613 responded:
She most likely isn't spitting up as much as you think she is. My daughter is 4.5 months and still spits up after almost every feeding. She wears bibs all day every day to keep her clothes dry! As long as your LO is wetting enough diapers each day (6- and gaining weight, then she's getting what she needs. Some babies are just "spitters". Does she cry or fuss when she spits? If she's not uncomfortable, and just spitting up a lot, don't worry! Also, my DD didn't like my breast at first, and I used the Medela Contact nipple shield (which is shaped just like a bottle nipple, but it sticks right to your breast) after using that for a bout a month she took right to the breast without it. Keep at it! BF is the best thing for your daughter!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 36 year old first time mom of Lauren. She was born 10/12/10. I am bf exclusively, but plan to pump from time to time so that I have back up ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.