Skip to content
One side makes more
peanut_1991 posted:
My right breast produces more milk than my left breast. Does this happen to anyone else? My son will be 4 weeks old tomorrow... I have one of the big medela pumps in the black bags. I have been pumping more on the left side for over a week trying to get that side caught up but its not working. Is this normal? Anyone else have this issue?

kell0613 responded:
It is totally normal! (at least for me!) My daughter is 5 months today and usually most days, my right breast seems to produce more when I pump, and feels fuller when I nurse all day. Just be sure to keep feeding your son from both sides (alternate feedings if he doesn't take both at one feed). Don't worry about making them produce the same amounts. Sometimes one breast has less ducts than the other, so it just naturally produces less. The only time to be worried is if you start to feel knots in the breast or if it is hot to the touch, it could mean you hvae a blocked duct.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Forensic Drug Chemist, back to working (and pumping!) full time. Married to my high school sweetheart, Chris since 1998. We've been toge...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.