Skip to content
breast feeding and pumping
lovemyprincesses posted:
My daughter is 2 weeks old and is breast fed, I recently started pumping after she eats to store it for when I go back to work. Since I started pumping it seems like I am producing less milk and she isnt getting enough when she eats.I have only pumped twice and Im wondering if I should stop pumping or pump more often to get more milk.

kell0613 responded:
Remember, you're going in after she's eaten (and emptied out the breast) so you're not going to get too much, especially this early, pumping after a feed. But I'm curious Why do you think she isn't getting enough? At 2 weeks, it is normal for a baby to eat a lot more; she's likely just going thru a growth spurt. (at 2 weeks old it seemed like my daughter was eating every hour!!)Is she still having plenty of wet diapers?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christy, and I am 24 years old. I have a wonderful handsome husband who is 28 - and two darling little boys!! My first son is 2 years old, ...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.