Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
breastfeeding
Anon_10017 posted:
I have been breastfeeding my son for the past 16 months. I honestly love breastfeeding him. He is so active that its the only time I can hold him while he is awake. I only do it at night to go to sleep. But my inlaws think its horrible that i still do it. they tell me that he will be messed up in the head. That he is no longer a baby so he needs to drink regular milk which he doesn't like. They are just jugdemental about the whole thing. I went back to work for only a couple months and would pump on my break and my manger would tell me I needed to pump in the bathroom! That's so gross! I pumped in a storage closet that didnt have camera so i could be comfortable. I was finally told that when i was ready to work without any distractions i would be put back on the schedule. I never went back. I love breastfeeding my son and I will stop when we both our ready.

kell0613 responded:
Good for you! You'll know the right time to stop. I honestly have only ever thought a mom BF too long once in my life. The little girl was FIVE and said to her mother at the restaurant "No mommy, don't drink that, I don't like beer milk." That was the only time I thought someone had passed the time they needed to wean. I think you're perfectly fine!

StarryGrrl responded:
There is no excuse for the way your manager treated you! That's just horrible! I don't know much about breastfeeding laws and such, but that seems like discrimination to me!

Good for you for not letting anyone convince you to stop pumping or breastfeeding! You are doing what is best for your son, and you should be proud of that. You breastfeed that precious baby for as long as the two of you want to. There will come a time when you are both ready to give up that last feeding, and it won't "mess him up in the head" to nurse until that time comes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a first time mom to my beautiful son born 12/13/10. I am exclusively breastfeeding and back to work full time.

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.