Skip to content
Fenugreek
lisafinck posted:
Does anyone know if you can take too much fenugreek?? I started back to work a cpl wks ago and my supply is slowly going down from what it was when I first started. I'mconcerned that once my LO hits another growth spurt she'll be needing more than I'm making and so I want to get ahead of things now. I was going to start back up on the Mothers Milk Tea which helped when I first started nursing, but a gal at work said the capsuls are stronger and worked great for her. Wondering if taking the caps and the tea at work is too much... Anyone else try this??

An_243887 responded:
I took fenugreek tea and capsules. But yes I think you can take too much to the point where your body gets used to it and doesn't respond as well. Try taking a couple days off of it. I know that will make you panic but I did and started pumping every two hours at work and that really helped. Start fenugreek in a couple days. If the mothers milk tea worked then take it. Everyone is different. Maybe the tea works better for you and the capsules work better for your coworker. Good luck!!

ktaylor11 responded:
Oatmeal does wonders. Eat a pack of oatmeal a day...for faster results eat a pack for breakfast and another later in the day. I have found that Oatmeal not only helps me to produce more but my milk looks much creamier when I eat oatmeal.

SuzyQ277 replied to ktaylor11's response:
You are better off eating non processed oatmeal (quick oats or the ones that take 5 minutes to cook). They are less processed and better for milk productions or so I have heard. They also (in my estimation) taste better. You can make them the night before while the baby is asleep and warm them up in the morning. You can also make them any flavor you want.

kell0613 responded:
I've just started taking Fenugreek this week actually. My DD is 6 months and has started drinking more during the day than I can pump while I'm at work. Hoping the fenugreek helps. I read online that you know you're taking enough if your sweat and /or pee smells like Maple Syrup.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.