Skip to content
Weaning help
Sue2238 posted:
Hi, I'm in the process of weaning my first child. Ive read lots of tips and spoke to friends and my daughters ped but I'm still pretty lost. Hopefully moms that have been through this can help me. First off I'm concerned that she won't get enough liquid. We've weaned from the mid morning feeding and not from the afternoon bc she's not so hot on the sippy cup yet. I'm down to pumping at 10 and 2 and still nurse morning, at 6pm and bed time. When do I start diluting the breastmilk to whole milk? Does she get as much cows milk as she did breastmilk? Thanks for your help. I'm tired of winging it and hoping that I'm doing the right things.

kell0613 responded:
well, I haven't weaned yet since my daughter is only 5mos. But you didn't mention how old your LO is. Just a word of advice, if she is younger than 1 year, you do NOT want to give her whole (cow's) milk yet. If she's less than a year, you'll need to wean her to formula because she'll still need th nutrients. If she's over a year, then disregard

Spotlight: Member Stories

First time mom just trying to figure it all out.. Have a beautiful son Sean born 5~3~2012

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.