Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Weaning help
    Sue2238 posted:
    Hi, I'm in the process of weaning my first child. Ive read lots of tips and spoke to friends and my daughters ped but I'm still pretty lost. Hopefully moms that have been through this can help me. First off I'm concerned that she won't get enough liquid. We've weaned from the mid morning feeding and not from the afternoon bc she's not so hot on the sippy cup yet. I'm down to pumping at 10 and 2 and still nurse morning, at 6pm and bed time. When do I start diluting the breastmilk to whole milk? Does she get as much cows milk as she did breastmilk? Thanks for your help. I'm tired of winging it and hoping that I'm doing the right things.

kell0613 responded:
    well, I haven't weaned yet since my daughter is only 5mos. But you didn't mention how old your LO is. Just a word of advice, if she is younger than 1 year, you do NOT want to give her whole (cow's) milk yet. If she's less than a year, you'll need to wean her to formula because she'll still need th nutrients. If she's over a year, then disregard

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 36 y/o and I am truly blessed to have 2 beautiful and brilliant girls. My eldest is turning 9 this March and my youngest is 26 m/o. I am a proud ...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
    Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.