Skip to content
Mother in law & breast feeding
MommaBearofTw2 posted:
so i think my mother in law is wierded out by me breastfeeding my child where ever we are. I cover my self and keep it pg, but really makes me uncomfortable when i get the look.... why does it matter if you dont see anything?
My hubby says just dont let it bather me , but really i dont get what the problem is!!!! it makes me not want to go to thier house anymore and we used to be sooo close.... HELP

smithc27 responded:
My MIL is kind of weird about it, too. She seemed almost uncomfortable being in the same room with me AT HOME while Baby nursed. Since you have/had a good relationship with her, you might try to gently ask why it bothers her. Breastfeeding in public is not near as taboo as it used to be, but it could be that she still feels like it is inappropriate. Maybe she just needs to be introduced to a new way of thinking concerning BFing. GL and best wishes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Forensic Drug Chemist, back to working (and pumping!) full time. Married to my high school sweetheart, Chris since 1998. We've been toge...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.