Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lacking milk
Kalebsmama3 posted:
I was breastfeeding my son since birth (2 months) and had problems making enough milk to begin with so I had to supplement as he wasn't gaining weight. Now because I was having to pump and couldn't feed him as often I have been having problems producing milk to begin with I was getting about 2 oz every pump or more, now I might get a few drips.. that's it. I would really like to continue to breastfeed him but I am having no luck.
Anyone have any tips they can give me?

kell0613 responded:
Nurse him - a lot - anytime it is possible! His suckling will stimulate your supply more than pumping ever will. The more you supplement, the less milk your body will make, because he is getting his needs met with formula. So keep nursing him as much as possible to help your supply pick up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Michaele. I am married and have three awesome kids. Evan is 7, Savannah is 4, and baby Adeline (Addy) is 3 months. I am new to the forums b...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.