Skip to content
hello
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Hello. My name is Heather. I have been a member on the TTCAL and PAL boards until now where I have had my son. Carson was born 3/31/12 at 2:10am weighing 7lb 5lb and 21 inches long. He was 2.5 weeks early but other than a little jaundice he is healthy and doing good. I am enjoying my little man so much. You never realize you can love someone so much until you have a little person you created looking back at you. We are breastfeeding only until otherwise told not to or atleast until one if we can. He is back up to his birth weight which is great for being only 9 days old. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Best wishes

kell0613 responded:
Hi! My Daughter is just over 6 months old now. We are still going strong with breastfeeding! My goal is also to make it to her first birthday.The best advice someone gave me at the beginning was to go into BF with the attitude not that I'm going to "try" but that I'm going to "DO." Thinking that you can do it is half of the battle!!
I will warn you, there are probably some tough weeks heading your way with BF (They came for me around 2-4 weeks old). Hang in there, it really does get easier! When I think back about the hard times now, it almost makes me laugh because it really is so easy, painLESS, and enjoyable now.
Hang in there, you can do it!! And of course, we're here if you ahve questions

hgreenwood7058 replied to kell0613's response:
thanks. i am slow on getting on the boards now since little man is here. He did have a lot of difficulty with latching so i had to use a shield. I am now almost exclusively pumping. I want him to get the milk regardless. I think i may have had to strong of a let down as well because he would choke atleast once or twice when i would bf. but he seems to be doing better now as far as eating and gaining weight. I do get really sore pumping (primarily the right side off and on. kind of like ripping off a scab that isn't healed and then smacking it) but its well worth the pain.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm married mom of a handsome 4 year old boy named J.R. and a beautiful baby girl Kira, who was born 1/31/11. I'm BF'ing for the first tim...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.