Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it normal for son to only find comfort with a nipple??
EEE4565 posted:
This may be the lack of sleep, or his growth spurt but in the past few days the only way I can get my son to stop screaming is to give him the breast. I go thru the whole list first, not hungry, wet, cold etc. Hold him, walk around the house, swing..... Still screaming. Finally give him the breast and he sucks for a minute or too and then hes out like a light. My hubby is sweet enough to let me take naps but it hasnt worked well at all since if he stirs usually messes his diaper he is back to screaming. Thumb used to work to calm him but he doesnt like it anymore same goes with a Nuk. How am I ever going to be able to leave him, he takes a bottle well but what good is that if you cant calm him down?

rustrated mom to a 3 week old. Praying its a phase.

Brubee responded:
Hello! My guess its his growth spurt and his love for his mama!
My boy is 10 weeks and some times all he wants his the warmth of my breast and to hear my heart beat. It also puts him out like a light. Im sure your babe will grow out of it so you can leave him. hes still very new and not use to the outside world yet. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Farin. I'm 22 and a first-time mommy. My husband is a Marine and I work part-time as a pharmacy technician. My daughter, Jazlyn, was bo...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.