Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When to stop Eping?
EpingRN posted:
My baby is 4 months old, but I have been Eping since he was 2 months old. Long story short, I had multiple issues with breastfeeding, Eping was oddly easier (for me), and I have a great supply. My goal was to do it until he is a year. My question is should I go longer than that, and if so how much should I be pumping? I really don't see any reason to start him on cows milk (exclusively) at a year if I can still give him breastmilk.

SophiesMa responded:
I breastfed my middle child till 19mths (usually only at night by that point) while slowly introducing cows milk....I found the change was much easier on her tummy as they tend to get constipated when you switch from breast to cows milk. Good Luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 20 year old mother of two. My daughter is 3 my son is 8 weeks.I love my children and would do anything for them.

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.