Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Crazy hormones while breastfeeding??
cjl0510 posted:
I had my little guy is 3 1/2 months old and he is EBF. With my other two I didn't get my period back until they were both a year old. I have had crazy annyoing things going on like, mood swings, tiredness, CRAMPS, bloating etc for about 2 weeks now! I even went as far as taking a pregnancy test because I have been so confused. It was negative.

So has anyone else experienced these symptoms without a period while breastfeeding? Are my hormones just out of whack or what?

MorningGlory11 responded:
Oh Yes. I have. My husband started calling me the Dragon Lady. hahah. last night for example we got back from the gym and he was said "you better drink some water or the smoke detector is going to go off" apparently my nose was flaring and I was being a bit moody. We are hoping to become pregnant again soon our girl just passed 7 months. We are also EBF. God sure did create some amazing bodies! Best of Luck with your little one!

susunewmom responded:
I just posted almost the same thing, but my main concern was with the cramping...I have been EBF for 7mo now, too (like morningglory11) and no period. But the cramps are ridiculous. Come to think of it, i was very agitated yesterday but did not but 2 and 2 together.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Forensic Drug Chemist, back to working (and pumping!) full time. Married to my high school sweetheart, Chris since 1998. We've been toge...More

Helpful Tips

New Breastfeeding Pad - EpiBi Nursing Pads
Hello all, My aunt has developed a new innovative nursing pad that is currently available, and I just wanted to share it with you. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.