Skip to content
breastfeeding and conception
MorningGlory11 posted:
Good Afternoon Ladies!

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant again. The only hang up is that I'm still breast feeding our 7 month old and we haven't had any success with getting pregnant. Anyone know if Breastfeeding will keep you from getting pregnant? I've heard from the ladies in my bible study that it's a natural birth control...I still haven't had a sign of my period and we had a successful complication free vag birth

cjl0510 responded:
Hi!

I have 3 boys, and between each of my guys I only had one period. But unfortunately I did NOT get my period back until 3 months after I stopped breastfeeding each time. I do know it is very different for everyone, but with me - I never got pregnant until after I got my period back. Good luck to you!! Hope it goes well

hgreenwood7058 responded:
This is true. My OB said that it is considered a form of birth control but as soon as you start getting af you are considered fertile again though af could be infrequent and therefore the ovulation may be infrequent as well. I have had friends get pregnant even with breast feeding though so it is possible but sometimes harder. I would recommend talking with your OB about this if you want to continue to breast feed and ttc he may have some recommendations for you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.