Skip to content
Producing more milk
liamandtamzinsmom posted:
I have been nursing my daughter for 9 months now and have not had to supplement with formula. Being a teacher, I have summers off & have been slacking in my pumping. My milk production has greatly diminished and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to produce more milk and if this has happened to anyone else. Were you able to produce more eventually? I really don't want to have to supplement with formula!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Pump and/or nurse often is how you get it back up. I have had a few times that it decreased and then I started pumping more frequently basically to stimulate my body to produce more milk. Same thing with nursing. Also I have read oatmeal can also potentially increase supply but I am not sure how often you have to eat it. And that mothers milk tea. Umm it tastes like oregeno. But try pumping often more frequently and after every breast feeding and your body should start to produce more.

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.