Skip to content
cramps after 7mo
susunewmom posted:
Hello-
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question,but here goes:
I have been exclusively breastfeeding my baby for 7 months now (tried to feed him solids, but he's picky) and for the past 2 weeks I have been having period-like cramps. I have not had a period since before i was pregnant....Saw a nurse and she kinda shrugged and didn't know what to think, but said take advil. Any help on what this really could be? Is this how a period starts after not having one for over a year? Thanks!

Take the Poll

Is this my period trying to show itself?
  • Yes, just wait a few more weeks, it will show.
  • yes, the same thing happened to me
  • I dont know
  • no, go see an OBGYN
vote
View Poll Results

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I am not sure since its different for everyone. I EBF and pumped for a month and then exclusively pumped since then and my little man is 4 months old now. When he was around 12 weeks old it came without warning. No cramps no nothing. Just went to the bathroom at work and was like "OH NO" (tan pants. enough said).Its possible thats what yours could be if you have altered your EBF schedule then its possible you ovulated (or are in the process of ovulating) and af could show. I would wait 2 weeks and if no af and stll cramping test if you have been having intercourse and then maybe see a provider after that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

What to do if you know of a mother that forces an 15 month old to breastfeed? She has him call them boobies and she laughs. He is expected to pull he...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.