Skip to content
greenish stools after drinking forzen milk
sumis posted:
I ve started to work from oct 1 and my DS is 3 months old and he is completely on B milk and I was pumping for the last one month and now for the day time feeds ( 2 to 3 feeds) we use the frozen B milk and I am noticing greenish stools .he doesnot show any discomfort but has some diaper rash and redness after the stool .nothing has changed in my diet .should I be concerned ,.anyone experienced this ?

AnnaTur responded:
Well my dd has green stools pretty often. I don't think that there is anything to be alarmed about.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would not be concerned. My son is also exclusively on breastmilk that I pump (just started him on baby food now that he is 6 months) but prior to that his stools would change color regularly. Sometimes green, sometimes orange. He does that now as well. Sometimes he also gets a little redness and that type of thing as well. I put a little vaseline on his tush after that happens and its gone within a few hours or by the next day.

sumis replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thank ypu that puts my mind at ease.Other than the green stools he seems to be doing fine

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Farin. I'm 22 and a first-time mommy. My husband is a Marine and I work part-time as a pharmacy technician. My daughter, Jazlyn, was bo...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.