Skip to content
Fussy baby, not enough milk?
SarahWhite91 posted:
My son is almost 2 months old & I have been breastfeeding him since day one. My son is very fussy,but hes gaining the proper amount of weight. It just seems like he needs something to fill him up a little more. I use my pump every morning after i feed him one side and I still only get 2 ounces. Shouldn't I be getting more by now? I feed him the 2 ounces at night after he's finished both breasts. I'd like to start freezing milk, any tricks to make more?? Thank you

sumis responded:
Nurse more often .Also after every feed for a couple of days try to pump .Eat oatmeal and garlic .They help to make more milk.2 ounces fpr 2 months is just about right .

anumameer responded:
try using nettle herb and fenugreek tablets i had the same problem and i did these they worked great . also have lots of hydrating fruits since breast milk is basically glucose . if sugarcane is easily available where you live thats great for milk production

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 36 y/o and I am truly blessed to have 2 beautiful and brilliant girls. My eldest is turning 9 this March and my youngest is 26 m/o. I am a proud ...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.