Skip to content
Breastfeeding and Smoking
An_249563 posted:
Ok.... Before i was pregnant I used to smoke Marijuana. Once i found out that i was pregnant i quit. I quit everything from smoking marijuana to drinkin coffee. I have now had my little guy and for some reason (idk if it's just post pardom) i am having cravings.

I recently smoked 3 x but in the corse of once each weekend. I am not a big time pot head, so please dont think im some crazy druged out person. I have pumped and dumped each time, I (like any mom) do not want anything to happen to my child. Though i countine to breastfeed my question is....what are the risk of breastfeeding and smoking?

And will he be harmed, because i smoked and breastfed?

lanyac responded:
I know it might be a difficult thing to talk to a doctor about, but you should do that, they of course will always tell you not to, but if you call one of those 24 hr hotlines anonymously, then you will get a good answer without feeling like you are being scrutinized by a doc you see on a regular basis. I don't smoke, weed or cigs, but you and your baby deserve a good answer for that. Dr's are always glad to help with things like that and will give you honest answers so don't be afraid to talk to your doc either, that's what they are there for.
Good luck with your little one and have a Merry Christmas

lanyac responded:
I found this article...
http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/marijuana/
check it out

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mom of 5 children 4 boys and a brand new daughter. I am struggling with supplimental feedings while breastfeeding but working on getting back...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.