Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Please help! Cries to be fed until he is overloaded and vomits!
khadoooj posted:
My baby is 7 weeks old and at night he gets really fussy he already has what the doctor called colic but it is getting better now, recently i am experiencing another problem at night esp. After 12 am he will be crying for milk and i will feed him mostly breast milk but he will keep asking for more and this crying and eating will keep ongoing until 4 am when he finally vomits!!! Then he will sleep, please i need your help is this normal?? What can i do to stop him from eating? My mum told me that these may be only gases so i burp him and don't feed but he will keep crying for milk even with the pacifier!!! I am lost and disturbed ((((

WeAllSurviveIt responded:
It does sound like colic. He probably needs to eat and then keeps wanting the breast as comfort. Unfortunately, your body doesn't distinguish and will keep producing until he is done at the breast, whether he is hungry or not. Rest assured, colic will eventually disappear. Until then, as the mother of a baby who was extremely colicky, my heart goes out to you.

lanyac responded:
It may tire you out, but just hold him close and let him suckle at your breast until he is completely asleep, then burp him and lay him down, it is probably just a phase and will pass, but dont "not" let him suck at the breast if he is wanting to because this can cause other issues. Try and see what happens...good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Michaele. I am married and have three awesome kids. Evan is 7, Savannah is 4, and baby Adeline (Addy) is 3 months. I am new to the forums b...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.