Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
more milk?
reb_hun posted:
so i just started going back to work a week ago and i was wondering when my supply will start going up. he just turned 2 months today. i usually get about 2-4 oz every 2-4 hours when i pump. i've heard of people getting double that and was wondering about when that happened for them. thanks!! i'm just not sure how my body will know when to produce more. i work 8 hours and try to pump every two while i'm there. when i'm home i breastfeed him and try to pump afterwards but i'm not always good at pumping after. i try to wake up every 3-4 hours at night to pump but i keep sleeping through my alarms. when i do wake up i pump and get quite a bit but i know it's hurting my supply because i'm not getting out when i normally would have otherwise. i really don't want to have to switch to formula because i ran out of stored milk at home. also... is 4 oz enough for a 2 month old? thanks again!!

Olivetre responded:
I have used Fenugreek (at herbal store) and noticed a difference in about 3 days. I also would eat oatmeal in the mornings. After you feed him in the morning before going to work try to pump after feeding if you have time. That will tell your body that you need to produce more. Also make sure you are drinking enough water and try not to stress. Stress will lower supply.

4 oz should be plenty. My daughter staid at 4 oz until about 3 months then it was 5-6. Tell your provider to let you know if it seems he is still hungry after feeding. Then you can increase his amount an ounce as needed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mom of 5 children 4 boys and a brand new daughter. I am struggling with supplimental feedings while breastfeeding but working on getting back...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.