Pumping problems
jessd08 posted:
my third child is 3 months old-we have had breastfeeding issues from day 1-he won't latch correctly and we have continually tried with no success so I have resorted to just pumping and giving it to him that way. I am now getting sore breasts very often-hard spots on most of the breast with the whole breast turning red and am sick with fever and nausea for 3 days or more. Has anyone else had any issues similar? I don't know what to do or what i'm doing wrong with the pumping-I breastfed my 2nd but she was a champ and only had to pump 1 maybe 2 times a day. I am pumping every 4 1/2-5 hours if not sooner than that every day so I just don't understand! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!!

reb_hun responded:
would go see a lactation consultant if i were you... i would also pump sooner if at all possible, if you pump every 3 to 4 hours it should help. sounds like you have mastitis, you will need antibiotics, i would go see your doctor too.

trina19861 responded:
I had the same problem pumping exclusively its a plugged milk duct it hurts bad but you need to get it out it took me 2 days of soaking in hot water with salt, massaging, pump wasnt getting it out I finally had my husband suck it out. Also I would go to doctor to make sure its not infected.