Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just stopped breastfeeding, now having early pregnancy symptoms?
phillipsnic posted:
I pumped for my son for 7 months and have just finished pumping. I have no more milk supply. The last time I pumped was two weeks ago.
In the last two weeks I have developed the following symptoms:
-Very frequent urination, strong cramps, lower back pain (strong at times), extreme and constant nausea, extreme fatigue, moodiness. This exactly mimics what I felt when I learned I was pregnant with my son last year.
I have not had a period in 18 months, nor any signs of a period coming around during that time. I have been taking the mini pill for contraception at exactly the same time every day without fail since he was 6weeks old. My husband travels a lot for work, therefore we have very few opportunities for intimacy, however we were together two weeks ago right before all of these symptoms started and about the same time I stopped pumping. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests over the last week and all are negative.
I think the odds of me being pregnant again are very slim. So, my question is, is it common to have these symptoms when stopping breastfeeding or should I be concerned that I may be pregnant again? Please any advice is welcomed because I'm going crazy wondering about these symptoms.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christy, and I am 24 years old. I have a wonderful handsome husband who is 28 - and two darling little boys!! My first son is 2 years old, ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.