Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weaning and severe breast pain
An_253835 posted:
My youngest will be one on Tuesday and we also have a seven-year-old. I nursed my oldest for one year and have completely stopped nursing my youngest a few days ago. I went from nursing almost every meal to a few times a day for about a month. I decided to completely stop a few days ago and today I am in so much pain! I iced for a couple of hours after work this evening and couldn't take it anymore. I can't even lift my arms up or walk correctly. I finally decided I can't hurt like this anymore and took a hot shower to relieve some of the pain. It worked some, but now I am scared of what tomorrow will bring. I am in tears and I have felt labor without medication so I know what pain is and this is pain! Please help!!! The worst part of nursing is this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.