Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doctoral Breastfeeding Study
kanash1961abd posted:

My name is Karen A. Nash, I am a doctoral candidate at Walden University. I am conducting dissertation research study on individual breastfeeding experiences, strategies, and trends. I would be grateful for your permission to briefly to present and describe the purpose of my study at a regularly scheduled support group meeting or post the attached announcement for study on the public social network forum (please reference Appendix E or post Appendix F).

I will summarize the methods of becoming a participant in the study at the meeting, formal online announcement, email, or by telephone. This would include the time commitment of an approximate 30 minute face-to-face or SKYPE interview. This research is being conducted to complete the requirements of the Ph.D. degree in General (Educational) Psychology at Walden University. The Institutional Review Board for Ethical Standards in Research (IRB) has approved this study the approval reference number is 12-09-13-0099190.

The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is responsible for ensuring that all Walden University research complies with the university's ethical standards as well as U.S. federal regulations. IRB approval is required before collection of any data. Walden University does not accept responsibility for research conducted without the IRB's approval, and the university will not grant credit for student work that failed to comply with the policies and procedures related to ethical standards in research.

As a community partner in the support and education of breastfeeding mothers, I wondered if you or you knew of anyone who may be interested in participating in this study. I would ask you to please sign, date, and return the attached Appendix D: Initial Email to Support Group Meeting Facilitators with your contact information to @ karen.nash@waldenu.edu .

Thank you. Karen A Nash, M.S. PhD. (ABD)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm married mom of a handsome 4 year old boy named J.R. and a beautiful baby girl Kira, who was born 1/31/11. I'm BF'ing for the first tim...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.