Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Advice you DO NOT want to hear....
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Thought this was a great blog post about things said to cancer survivors and care-givers that were completely appropriate and absolutely inappropriate while they were dealing with their cancer journey.

I Know You Mean Well But.....Enough With the Advice!

Share your stories and vent here! It will be helpful for others who might be clueless at times...

Haylen

worn1 responded:
Haylen
I am a care giver with parkinsons taking care of my husband who has stage 3 oral cancer. I am also a health care provider working in a small hospital laboratory. I am writing a blog that will be put on the hosp employee e mail. I would also like to include some of the posted info from this community. I am trying to get through to my fellow health care providers that what they say do and how they respond to the patient affects thier care. I have found unless you go through it you have no clue. I can not even begin to understand what my husband is going through just as he cannot imagine what i am going through. By putting out my blog hopefully they will see the caregivers problems emotional turmoil. Is it okay to use information from this community?
W

cancersurvior09 responded:
I found out on June 16th 2009 (3 mos. after i turned 20) that i had cervical cancer. I was 13 weeks pregnant at the time with my son. June 19th 2009 i had an emergency radical hysterectomy but they left my ovaries and push my left one about an 1 in. from my belly button. i lost my son in the process. september 23rd 2009 I was supposed to have my right ovary removed because i had five cysts on it by having a laproscopy done. that didnt work. the recut my first incision from hip bone to hip bone again to have it removed. now i have 2 more cysts on my left ovary. and in severe pain since 2009. they had done an epidural 2 days before my hysterectomy and damaged my obrtator nerve in my right leg. i am unable to stand for long periods of time therefore i cant get a job and cant get on disabilty. When will the physical and emotional pain be over with?? im only 22 years old.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to worn1's response:
worn1 - As soon as someone posts to the WebMD boards, their posts are copyrighted to WebMD. Using them outside of our site would be a violation of those rules.

I hope you continue to participate here. There is a very active Parkinson's community with a great expert located here:

Parkinson's Disease Community

Thank you for asking and best of luck with your blog!

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to cancersurvior09's response:
cancersurvivor09 - I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Your physical pain sounds extremely difficult. Do you feel that you have a good team of doctors to treat you?

Regarding your emotional pain, there are several communities here that might be able to help:
WebMD Mental Health Communities

If you are in crisis, please reach out. Here is a list of resources that can help: http://www.webmd.com/help/crisis-resources

(((hugs)))

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis for cancer care Healing Hypnotically
One of the earliest documented uses of hypnosis with a cancer patient there is strong evidence that an individual's cancer risk can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.