Skip to content
Advice you DO NOT want to hear....
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Thought this was a great blog post about things said to cancer survivors and care-givers that were completely appropriate and absolutely inappropriate while they were dealing with their cancer journey.

I Know You Mean Well But.....Enough With the Advice!

Share your stories and vent here! It will be helpful for others who might be clueless at times...

worn1 responded:
I am a care giver with parkinsons taking care of my husband who has stage 3 oral cancer. I am also a health care provider working in a small hospital laboratory. I am writing a blog that will be put on the hosp employee e mail. I would also like to include some of the posted info from this community. I am trying to get through to my fellow health care providers that what they say do and how they respond to the patient affects thier care. I have found unless you go through it you have no clue. I can not even begin to understand what my husband is going through just as he cannot imagine what i am going through. By putting out my blog hopefully they will see the caregivers problems emotional turmoil. Is it okay to use information from this community?
cancersurvior09 responded:
I found out on June 16th 2009 (3 mos. after i turned 20) that i had cervical cancer. I was 13 weeks pregnant at the time with my son. June 19th 2009 i had an emergency radical hysterectomy but they left my ovaries and push my left one about an 1 in. from my belly button. i lost my son in the process. september 23rd 2009 I was supposed to have my right ovary removed because i had five cysts on it by having a laproscopy done. that didnt work. the recut my first incision from hip bone to hip bone again to have it removed. now i have 2 more cysts on my left ovary. and in severe pain since 2009. they had done an epidural 2 days before my hysterectomy and damaged my obrtator nerve in my right leg. i am unable to stand for long periods of time therefore i cant get a job and cant get on disabilty. When will the physical and emotional pain be over with?? im only 22 years old.
Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to worn1's response:
worn1 - As soon as someone posts to the WebMD boards, their posts are copyrighted to WebMD. Using them outside of our site would be a violation of those rules.

I hope you continue to participate here. There is a very active Parkinson's community with a great expert located here:

Parkinson's Disease Community

Thank you for asking and best of luck with your blog!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to cancersurvior09's response:
cancersurvivor09 - I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Your physical pain sounds extremely difficult. Do you feel that you have a good team of doctors to treat you?

Regarding your emotional pain, there are several communities here that might be able to help:
WebMD Mental Health Communities

If you are in crisis, please reach out. Here is a list of resources that can help:

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!