Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
oral cancer
worn1 posted:
My husband has just been diagnosed with oral cancer-right cheek. He has been told it has to be removed surgically. He was turned down by 3 surgeons due to other health problems to include cardiac. I have been told he is going to be disfigured. I am dealing with his anger right now. I could care less about his looks --we have been married 29 years--and I understand about the anger. I would appreciate any information anyone could give me on what to expect after the surgery. And how you dealt with it as the person with cancer and the person who is the care giver.
Thank you
worn1

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
worn1 - I'm sorry you and your husband are facing this difficult diagnosis and treatment.

I know that being a cancer caregiver is extremely stressful. Have you looked into support groups or services you can use in your area?

Here is an article about the challenges faced and some ideas for support: http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20100611/cancer-caregivers-share-patient-stresses

Haylen

worn1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen
Thank you for the information. We were lucky with surgeon number 4. He has an 80 percent chance of making it through surgery and the doctor has explained to us what to expect post op.
Again thanks
W

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to worn1's response:
I'm so glad! Please take care of yourself as well as him! Best of luck and best in health to you both -

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis for cancer care Healing Hypnotically
One of the earliest documented uses of hypnosis with a cancer patient there is strong evidence that an individual's cancer risk can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.