Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Pls Help: Racing Against Time
An_188437 posted:
Hi -

My uncle has been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. He is not expected to live much longer. My cousin wants to take him home from the hospital, but the tumor is creating blockages, making it difficult for my uncle to naturally eliminate waste. My cousin had heard of a procedure where a hole can be drilled through the tumor to allow waste to pass. The oncologist and gastro-intestinal surgeon have never heard of such a procedure.

Does the procedure exist? What are the pros and cons? Any help you can offer would be hugely appreciated. Thank you!!!

worn1 responded:
anon
in stage 4 colon cancer a colostomy bag can be used for elimination of waste. I am a laboratory technologist not a doctor so the pros and cons and the chances of surviving surgry would have to explained by your doctor.
W

bluehawk1967 responded:
Hi An_188437,
I don't not want to give you false hope because I know what that feels like since I lost my mother to kidney cancer 4 yrs ago, but I have just stumbled onto something that might bring joy to you.
Ask the doctor if Interleukin 2: a interleukin, a type of cytokine inmune system signaling modecule which is a leukocytotrophic hormone that is instrumental in the body's natural response to microbial infection and in discrimainating between foreign (non-self) and self IL-2 receptors, which are expressed by lymphocytes, the cells that are responsible for inmunity. could benefit your uncle. And then investigate this on your own.

Good luck and I am praying for you and your uncle.

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis for cancer care Healing Hypnotically
One of the earliest documented uses of hypnosis with a cancer patient there is strong evidence that an individual's cancer risk can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.