Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Cancer diagnosis with just ct scan?
Micha29 posted:
I recently went to the dr for pain on the keft and right side of my upper abdomen. An ultrasound was done that discovered a spot on my left kidney. The next day a ct scan was done, and based on that scan i was told it looks like i have kidney cancer. Adenocarcinoma of the left kidney, with no involvement of the left renal vein and no adenopathy. I go see a urologist this week coming up to determine for sure i guess. How can be so sure based on just my ct scan and ultrasound?

other terms used in the report were
-obvious exophytic mass upper pole left kidney what does that mean?
-the mass is a little over and inch big

Please, any feedback would be appreciated

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Micha29,

I encourage you to work closely with your medical team so that you understand every test and the results. Feedback over the internet is not a replacement for diagnosis from your doctors.

If you have specific questions about kidneys, there is an excellent community here that might have some first hand experience feedback to offer: Kidney Disorders Community

Best to you and please return when you find out specifics!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Cancer
Have your friend learn as much as possible about his or her illness, nutrition, etc. The American Cancer Society and their cancer center ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.