Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Bladder CA
An_242398 posted:
84 yr old male w/CAD & HBP, stent & TIA hx, dx w/bladder cancer last year, decided not to undergo radical cystectomy nor chemo, nor xrt but instead treat the symptoms. Had 5 episodes of blood in urine since : Last year 1st episode treated w/cauterization of tumor & a floey irrigation, stopped , recuperated very well; 7mo later last year 2nd episode same tx plus some removal of tumor, also recoup very well, This year within past 3 mo had recurring episodes of blood in urine & has diferent doctors : 1st episode 3 mo ago, w/ yellowish pallor to face, treated as an infection, informed labs were normal, both cleared after round of abx; within 1-2 mo again blood in urine ,1st time sent to ER, tx was 'irrigate the bladder for 7 days, in bed w/foley, released with foley and f/u to change foley, started showing signs of swelling of midrif and face, pants tight. 2nd time 2 weeks later heavy blood in urine, same treatment, now has significant swelling of both arms below elbow & both legs below the knees, why? treatment?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi anon,

Swelling or retaining fluid can be an indication of many things. Please check in with your medical team to discuss any new symptoms.

Best to you,

Haylen

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.