Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
mixed response and chemo switch?.....
An_242517 posted:
wasnt sure if there's an oncologist reading these discussions.....i received chemo last year for NHL and i had 'mixed response' - my oncologist swiched meds 3 times (not approved for NHL) but the tumors continued to grow. now i'm on yet another chemo that's not approved for NHL.....is this normal? or should i ask the doc to go back to chemo drug specifically for NHL? any help would be appreciated

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
We currently do not have an oncologist in this community.

Drugs are used "off label" to treat a variety of conditions but I would get all of the details from your doctor. And don't ever be shy about a 2nd opinion!

Here's a link to the WebMD Drugs and Medication tool that gives information as well as user reviews. You might find others that have been treated with the same meds and compare notes:

Drugs & Medications

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Recover from Cancer
After treatment effects are very painfull. So to recover from such side effects you should opt for Immunotherapy kind of treatment which ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.