Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Brother's stage IV renal cancer and radiation therapy
karenrugs posted:
Hello,

I've been a long time member of WebMD but it's been a long time since I've posted anything.

My brother was dxed with stage IV renal cancer which metasticized to his right lung, legs, spine, stomach, hips and I'm not sure where else but probably everywhere. His doc started him on a chemo pill but when he found the cancer had spread he was referred to another doc which started radiation therapy.

My question is, "Is radiation therapy only good for spot therapy or will it kill all the cancer cells? Will this prolong his life? Or will this therapy cure him? Is this treatment really a waste of time if it's true that once the renal cancer has spread to other organs and has metasticised?

He or his wife won't ask these questions and I hope maybe you can answer them for me.

thank you,

Karen

worn1 responded:
Karen
http://cancerconnect.com
I hope the above is correct. I have a devil of a time getting web site information correct. Cancer Connect has an article on stage IV renal cancer that I think Will answer your question. If this does not work or the information is not what you are looking for let me know and I will try again.
w

worn1 replied to worn1's response:
Karen
The link works. Once on the site go under types of cancer and selct renal cancer.

w

Helpful Tips

Recover from Cancer
After treatment effects are very painfull. So to recover from such side effects you should opt for Immunotherapy kind of treatment which ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.