Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Breast Cancer
Teri4647 posted:
I had stage 3 in left breast , surgery in August, 2011, Just completed
chemo, now starting radiation treatment. I did not have to have a mastectomy, My breast were large enough I still have a size ( would like to be a little bigger can I have implants put in after my radiation. Not very happy with my current Doctor,

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
We have a fabulous Breast Cancer Community here - filled with members who are smart, supportive and very informed about breast cancer treatment and reconstruction.

Go here to ask your question: http://forums.webmd.com/3/breast-cancer-exchange/forum/3189

I let them know you were over here asking

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
By law, you can have breast reconstruction to provide symmetry or to replace breasts removed by mastectomy. So if your cancerous breast is smaller than your non-cancerous one, then you can have that "fixed." Breast enhancement, just for the sake of making them bigger, is not usually covered by insurance.

Your best option is to consult with a good plastic surgeon and get his/her opinion. There are lots of intricacies of the insurance coverage world, and your PS will know how to maneuver through the maze.

Michelle

Helpful Tips

Cancer
Have your friend learn as much as possible about his or her illness, nutrition, etc. The American Cancer Society and their cancer center ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.