Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Radiation Treatment on Liver
ruifan posted:
My father was diagnosed with colon cancer in August 2011. The cancer was metastasized to liver (significant coverage on the liver). He just finished his 9th round chemo treatment. His CA199 number has been reduced from 5900 to 65. His ca724 was reduced to 12. His blood test also indicated his liver is functioning normal. The latest PET CT indicated the colon cancer has reduced significantly. The cancer cells on his liver is also reducing. However there is still a large cancer cell on the liver.

His doctor is recommending to perform radiation treatment (3 x-ray beams) on the large cancer cell on his liver.

I would like to ask the following: 1) What is the effectiveness of this radiation treatment the doctor is recommending? What is the general feedback on radiation treatment after 9 rounds of Chemo treatments? 2) What kind of side effects will this radiation treatment introduce? 3) Most importantly, would this type of radiation treatment cause the cancer to spread to other areas in the body?

Thank you!

ruifan responded:
Correction... His CA724 is 27, not 12.

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.