Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen Lymph nodes
tnema posted:
I am 15 and about a month or two ago I noticed a knot on the right side of my neck towards the back. I went to my doctor and he felt around and decided my lymph nodes were swollen. He basically said it was just an infection and prescribed me Cephalexin (anti-biotic) to be taken every six hours. I have now taken all the antibiotic and my lymph nodes are still swollen. I got on here and discovered that swollen lymph nodes are one of the 15 most commonly ignored symptoms of cancer. I am going back to my doctor ASAP but I am a little freaked out and just want to know if anyone on here knows anything.

Thanks,
Chase

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Chase - given your age and the absence of other symptoms, I would say to try and control your stress and wait for the doctor's exam. Be sure to tell him your fears so he can explain to you what is going on.

Here's a link to lymph node information that might ease your mind - they are common: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/swollen-lymph-nodes-topic-overview

Haylen

Helpful Tips

about the brest cancer information
want the tip for brest cancer patient..here i give the history... myself shubhangi, my mother in law has a brest cancer...opperation was ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.