Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Concerned About Radiation Exposure
mike320 posted:
Over the past 5-6 months I've had several medical issues for which I've had several X-Rays and other procedures. Now I'm concerned that I may have been exposed to a dangerous amount of radiation in a relatively short period of time.

On 3/19/12, I had X-Rays taken of my neck, chest, and abdomen for neck and back pain.
In 2/12 I had a Nuclear Stress Test for chest pain.
In 1/12 I had dental X-Rays
in 12/11, I had a KUB X-Ray for kidney stones.
in 11/11, I had "shockwave" therapy for kidney stones which included an X-Ray
in 11/11 - I had a chest X-Ray for a chronic cough.
in 10/11 I had a KUB X-Ray for kidney stones
In 10/11, I had a CT scan for Kidney stones.
Should I be concerned? If so, is there anything I can do about it? I'm supposed to have another KUB X-Ray in the next week because I still have Kidney Stones, but I'm not sure if I should.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Please speak with your doctor regarding your concerns. Medical professionals typically weigh the risk of a procedure compared to the health issue that is being treated or investigated.

Be sure that you get all of the information necessary so that you can make a decision about further tests!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.