Skip to content
Scared Teenager
Retnuh1 posted:
Okay, I'm a 15 years old male. For a few months (maybe more, maybe like half a year, maybe more) I've been having pains in my lower abdomen. The area right above my penis but below my waist. I didn't think much of it and I don't know why, but it would hurt really bad but go away after I was done making a bowel movement. Now, it's outside the bathroom. I have pain when I masturbate/ejaculate. Now my left testicle hurts sometimes too. I went to the doctors and he just massaged around the area to try and find anything but couldn't so he asked me to urinate in a cup, but I didn't have to go, so then I went and got blood drawn (I think it's called bloodwork?) and my doctor said in two weeks to come back. I'm afraid I have testicular or prostate cancer and I've let it go on to long and it spread or some serious thing and I'll die. And is two weeks too long to wait for him to figure it out? Or will he call me if it is cancer before the two weeks to let me know immediately? I'm so scared and I don't want to die or have cancer and I need some reassurance or insight or SOMETHING.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Retnuh1 - take a big deep breath and try not to get too stressed out. Have you spoken to your parents? It might help to discuss your fears with a friend or family member.

Also, did you ever go back and give a urine sample? Be sure to do that - you might have a kidney infection or another illness that can be detected by testing your urine.

If you're really feeling anxiety or if your symptoms have gotten worse, please call your doctor and see if he can see you earlier or speed up the test results.

I applaud you for going to the doctor - many teens avoid addressing health issues! Keep us updated please and best to you -


Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.