Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cancer community
miksamak posted:
hello just wondering? i know its friday after noon but my wife just got done getting a cat scan on her neck about 1245 pm today for a small lump on the side of her neck in which she had an ultra soung on last week and her dr. said it did not look like a cyst.so anyway this afternoon she got the cat scan with contrast and the script for the scan said something lymp nod.. my question is if they noticed cancer on the cat scan would they call us right away.?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I don't think there is a firm rule about giving test results and probably every office handles differently case by case. Some doctors might want to meet with you in person, get additional testing or refer you to another doctor for a 2nd opinion.

It's Monday morning - I hope you have gotten through to the doctors office to get answers about the scan. Please let us know how it goes!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

about the brest cancer information
want the tip for brest cancer patient..here i give the history... myself shubhangi, my mother in law has a brest cancer...opperation was ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.