Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sex drive gone after cancer.
moe37 posted:
am a 36 year old woman.i had chemotherapy as well as a stem cell transplant.now i have been dealing with having no sex drive for sometime.i am married now,and now my sex issue is making me have a bad marriage.i need to know how i can fix this please.thanks.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi moe and welcome.

There is a great discussion about sex, intimacy and cancer in the WebMD Breast Cancer Community here:

Sex & Intimacy With Breast Cancer

You are not alone!

Haylen

moe37 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you so much haylen.i know i am not alone.however where or who would i go to for help with this issue? i feel bad for my husband,and i am tired of feeling like a freak.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to moe37's response:
Hi moe - I'm sure your doctor has heard of this from many patients and might have some recommendations for medication or other therapies that can help.

Experts WebMD consulted suggest talking to your doctor about several options. Click the link to read about different therapies that might work for you: Revving Up Your Sex Drive

You're not a freak! According to the article, a low sex drive is the most common sexual complaint made by women - up to 30% to 40%!

Have you considered couples therapy to get through this rough patch? There might be other issues going on that need to be addressed.

(((hugs))) to you and please check back in!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

about the brest cancer information
want the tip for brest cancer patient..here i give the history... myself shubhangi, my mother in law has a brest cancer...opperation was ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.