Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Swollen lymph nodes
An_245776 posted:
I'm sure that I'm just being overly neurotic, but isn't that half the point of the internet?

Back in late March, the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck started to swell up and hurt. Then more lymph nodes did the same thing, and I had no energy whatsoever. Went to the doctor, got tested for mono. Which it turns out I didn't have. Other lymph nodes varied how painful they were by the day, but that one in my neck kept it up. Ended up in urgent care with burning stabbing pain along the left side of my face. Got told to take aspirin and go home and rest. Then I got given a course of abx. Nothing. Finally after over a month, I spent a weekend feeling flu-ish, and started to feel better.

But the lymph nodes in my neck never totally stopped hurting, and the last couple weeks they've been really sore. I can't really tell if they're swollen again, but it feels like they're being pinched hard and is kind of itchy. This plus the fact that I've had chills off and on, and am slightly itchy, have me worried.

Is it worth going back to the doctor and asking for a full checkup to rule out a lymphoma?

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis for cancer care Healing Hypnotically
One of the earliest documented uses of hypnosis with a cancer patient there is strong evidence that an individual's cancer risk can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.