Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Question about leukemia?
mom2wge posted:
Hello, I recently weny in to my Doc for abnormal (period-like) bleeding that was going on for over 2 months. He ran a CBC plus a slew of other blood tests, just because I guess. Well, he said it'd be a week or so before the results came back. But then he called just two days later telling me to come back in.

This was his concern:
My wbc count is 20,000. My absolute neutrophil is 15.4 k/uL, and my bands are at 5. He said this may indicate leukemia, and I am going to the hematologist this thursday. Probably going to check my bone marrow. I am very nervous about this. I tried googling anything and everything, but I still feel like I haven't got any answers that are close to my situation.

I asked both my Mom and my sister, who are both RNs, but they didn't want to answer me, which really worried me because we always share all our medical thoughts together.

Does this really indicate leukemia? What are bands and neutrophils?

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.