Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Swollen nodes?
megatronthewise posted:
about a month ago my supra-clavicular nodes were so swollen that turning my head caused/lifting my arms certain ways caused extreme discomfort. these nodes are still slightly swollen and it concerns me because i've read that swollen supra-clavicular nodes are usually associated with malignancies. I never was diagnosed with mono but i felt fatigue, my spleen was swollen, and my throat was sore. As i got better the swelling in my nodes has gone down to the point that i no longer notice any discomfort in my clavicle area. I'm still concerned though because the nodes are still noticeably swollen if i press on them. (they're squishy/moveable but they seem to be slowly shrinking.) i still have a bit of a cough/sore throat and have been sneezing a lot which i contribute to my allergies. I do not currently have insurance, so I am hesitant to go to the doctor.

I'm 20 years old and healthy with no medical red flags other than the fact that my spleen is still slightly swollen and i occasionally experience discomfort in my upper abdomen which i have attributed to my spleen.

I'd love to get some people's thoughts on this issue and see if y'all think I should get myself checked out just to be certain that i'm healthy. All my life I have been a huge hypochondria. the last time i thought i had cancer it turned i had a hernia (lol)

cheers

georgiagail responded:
Your lymph nodes were tender because you have a cold.

Lymph nodes can often be felt by pressing on them. This doesn't mean they are swollen; however, continuing to press on them will make them tender.

Your hypochondria is acting up.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Cancer
Have your friend learn as much as possible about his or her illness, nutrition, etc. The American Cancer Society and their cancer center ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.