Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I just noticed a swollen lymph node on right side of neck
cindigal posted:
It maybe be nothing, but it does causes to be troubling to me. I read at another site about it could be just an infection. My ears are fine, there's no ear pain involved. The node is not pea-sized, nor its big either. It doesnt hurt when I touch. I havn't gone to the doctor yet because I dont drive, my son drives me to the grocery store when I need to. He came over thursday with my granddaughter to swim at our pool. I asked him if he noticed anything different. He says... like what... I said....does my neck look different on one side than the other. Then he did say he noticed the difference when I said it. But it didnt looked like a big difference

Next Friday I am going to my sisters for a trip. She lives in Chgo and Im taking a train 2.5 hrs. My other sister is coming in from Calif. I am looking forward the trip and didnt want anything pressing on my mind beforehand. However, knowing my older sister where i am staying at....lay down your bottom dollars, because it will be the first thing that she will be notice, my neck. Here comes the questions..."did your go the doc about this..?? "what did he say..?? The only thing I can pacify her is to say..Ii have a appointment with the doctor when I get back. Which at this point in time....I dont. I just have to tell my son this beforehand and tell him to make appt the next week..

cindigal

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Taking a trip with while worrying is no fun!

Since you posted in the cancer community, it seems that you are concerned about cancer - this is a great reason to make an appointment with your doctor before you go. Be sure to tell them you are going out of town and need to get in there before.

If you son is not available, consider taking a taxi. You can also look for "medical appointment transportation" or "free transportation services" in your area. If you belong to a church or community group, reach out to see if you can find a volunteer to take you.

Here is some information on swollen lymph nodes so you can make some notes before you see your doctor: Swollen Lymph Nodes

Take charge of your health so you can ease your mind and enjoy the visit with your sisters!

Haylen

jschultzhi replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I was just diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma from a biopsy of a lump in my heck. Where on the site can I find info on this type of squamous?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to jschultzhi's response:
Hi jschultzhi -

There is some information here:

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/carcinoma-squamous-cell

And we have a great community here with an expert:

WebMD? Melanoma / Skin Cancer Community

Do you know a course of treatment yet?

Haylen

JCrapser replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
My brother was also diagnosed with this just 4 weeks ago. I have a question whether this could be mis-diagnosed and possibly be a viral infection in which he was initially treated for. They say it's in the lymph nodes wrapped around the main artery. But the swelling hasn't been constant. He has also been told he does have an infection in his left side of his mouth & bad teeth so he was required to have all of his teeth pulled prior to starting radiation & chemotherapy. All of his treatments are being done at the VA Medical Center. Please advise.

butterfliesluvme responded:
Please go see your doc. These swollen lymph nodes could be a huge important sign of something more serious. Please go as soon as possible, Make sure thay check your underarms and groin area. All my best to you.

butterfliesluvme replied to JCrapser's response:
get a 2nd opinion asap. there are 100's of kinds of lymphomas, and it cant hurt to be safe. My best to you.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis for cancer care Healing Hypnotically
One of the earliest documented uses of hypnosis with a cancer patient there is strong evidence that an individual's cancer risk can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.