Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Dislodged Liver Tumor
heartstring199 posted:
My boyfriend's father is believed to have liver cancer. The doctors are sure of it. Today he said that he felt one of the tumors dislodged. Does anyone know what this means or if he needs to see a doctor now? He currently is having pain in his liver. If the pain persists tomorrow, he will go to the ER. Can anyone explain what he felt and what it means?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Did he go to the ER? I"m interested to hear the diagnosis.

I was unable to find any information about tumors dislodging. Here is additional information about Liver Cancer that might answer some of your questions as your boyfriend's father faces diagnosis and treatment:

Understanding Liver Cancer - The Basics

Best to your boyfriend's family as they face this difficult time -

Haylen

heartstring199 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
No, he does not want to go to the doctor at all mostly because he does not want kimo therapy (probably didn't spell that correctly). He believes more in holistic medicine. However, he is going to the doctor today to do something about his swollen legs.

Thanks for the wishes and the link.

georgiagail replied to heartstring199's response:
Quite frankly, holistic medicine is totally useless in treating liver cancer. Your boyfriends father likely has swollen legs secondary to his liver failing.

Gail

heartstring199 replied to georgiagail's response:
that was the case and that is what the doctors told him. the holistic medicine treated the symptoms and eased his pain. he wanted to leave this world on his terms, which he did. he died Tuesday at about 2 PM Central surrounded by family. he knew his chances of survival period and knew that the "modern" treatments would likely just kill him faster, especially at the stage that it was caught. he left on his terms, not a doctor's or anyone else's

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to heartstring199's response:
I'm sorry for your loss...(((hugs)))

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Cancer
Have your friend learn as much as possible about his or her illness, nutrition, etc. The American Cancer Society and their cancer center ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.