Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
I had the ultrasound on the nodule, they want me to get a biopsy
cindigal posted:
I went to get the ultrasound for the swollen lymph node yesterday. The tech took several images of it. Brought a few of them to the radiologist...came back and took alot more on the request of the radiologist. She said that my doctor would get the results today. The nurse called me this morning and said the nodule was "abnormal". Thats all she said....of course I wanted more information, the "hows, when, whats.....but you know it goes. That's all the info I got from her. She said that I will need a biopsy and gave me the name and number of the place where i am going. Luckily in the same building where i got the ultrasound got. I already know the kind of biopsy I will probably get (i think). Fine needle aspiration to get the cells to see if they are cancerous or not....am I right....?? I am kinda scared about this. All my family are all scattered at different states except my son who lives near, but he has his own family and he so busy and you know you really want someone more comforting when you go through something like this.

My mom and oldest sister lives in Florida and another sister lives in Calif. She was just in chgo recently to visit her new grandson and I did get a chance to see her. I do have a sister in Chgo where we stayed at but she works and she has 5 grandkids that keeps her busy. I just moved to another apartment here at the complex that accept cats because the apt before that was not a good place to have cats but my son gave me the cats while i was living there.
Anyway, he moved me on Sunday, he took me shopping Monday, and took to the ultrasound yesterday...because I don't drive. I am suspicious there is some discussions in that household. For no apparent reason, his wife don't like me, I don't have no clue and I never did anything to her. Now he has to take alot of time now taking me to this biopsy and whatever happens next I will have deal with it..

cindigal

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi cindigal!

Did you have the biopsy yet? I'm sorry you don't have a stronger support system but perhaps you can check with local hospitals or city organization that can help you with transportation to and from doctors appointments.

Please let us know how the results turn out!

Haylen

cindigal replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hello Heylen,

Thanks for the reply and the biopsy is scheduled for next Tues. in the morning. My son is driving me and I have to clear things up because when I read my post, I have to clear up some things. I didnt mean that nobody cared because every since I got the blood tests, my sister from Calif called me to see what happened with the results, also my sister from Chgo wanted to know the results. They all knew about the ultrasound I had and the results and they want me to inform them about the results of the biopsy. I am sorry that I sounded confusing at my post. My son has been driving to all the places that I needed to go. I shouldn't have talked about his wife not him taking me to all those places, but we don't really talk to each other, that's all I wanted to say. We never were close all this time and its been 4 years now. I guess alot of families are not too close with in-laws. Anyway, I will definitely let you know about the biopsy after I get it. I hope I get the results soon like I did when I got the ultrasound.

cindigal

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis for cancer care Healing Hypnotically
One of the earliest documented uses of hypnosis with a cancer patient there is strong evidence that an individual's cancer risk can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.