Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Supraclevicular Swelling?
freckles1963 posted:
My 21 year old just told me she has a swollen gland of some short on her collar bone. Well we ended up going to the dr last night because she has strep throat. The urgent care Dr said the Supraclevicular Swelling has nothing to do with her Strep. My daughter has had the swollen gland on her collarbone for a month or two. Urgent care Dr said to get into her dr right away....should we be really concerned I am totally worried about this! The bump is Really hard and doesn't move either.......

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I can understand your concern! The best way to alleviate your worry is to make that doctors appointment so you can get a proper diagnosis.

Glands above the collarbone (supraclavicular lymph nodes) may swell from many reasons including an infection . But you must see a health care professional for proper diagnosis.

Here is basic information on swollen lymph nodes. Swollen Lymph Nodes . Be sure to take accurate, detailed information to your daughter's doctor like how long she's had the swelling, if it's painful, etc.

Yours in health,

Haylen

Helpful Tips

THE CURE IS ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE
PLANTS (HERBS) HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE BEGINNIG THERE IS A CURE IT IS TOXIC TO ALL CANCER CELL WITHOUT HARMING YOUR HEALTHY CELL YOU ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.