Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Please help, need insight before Dr. on Friday
Mkxoxo3 posted:
Friday Mkxoxo3 posted:I am literally obsessing over my health right now. A few months ago I was in the shower and was rubbing my neck (which has been giving me issues for MONTHS) and noticed a very large hard lump on the right side. When I jumped out of the shower and looked in the mirror you could clearly see if from the outside of my skin. The lump is very hard and seems to be getting bigger. There is certainly some tenderness when I touch on it but it is not painful, just more of a discomfort. I went to the Dr. who told me it was a swollen lymph node. I had NO other symptoms at this time of a cold or anything of that sort. He prescribed me an antibiotic for my mysterious condition which I know I did not have. Mind you he didn't even touch or feel my neck. What a quack! So fast forward a few weeks and the lump is still there, hard, solid and driving me insane.
So last week I saw online a Groupon for a cheap chiropractic massage. I said what the heck why not, maybe this will help relieve some of my neck pain. So I went to the chiropractor and he took x-rays of my neck but couldn't really tell me too much from what he saw because it wasn't a formal appointment. In the x-ray you can CLEARLY see a large mass on the outside of my neck. I am literally freaking out. I have 2 young girls, I am recently single raising them alone. I don't know what to do. I made an appointment for Friday with a different Doctor in my practice to get a second opinion and I refuse to leave without answers. I am just not sure what this could be. It doesn't seem like a swollen lymph node. I am not really experiencing other symptoms as of now. A slight cough due to the cold circulating around my family, constant headaches that persist throughout the whole day (catscan of head came back clean) and achy shoulders and neck.
Does anyone have ANY insight. I just need to calm myself down before Friday. I am constantly crying literally obsessing over this. I just want to be ok

Help!

georgiagail responded:
Keep the appointment for Friday and be honest with the physician that you are very worried that this is something very serious and you would like an answer as to what it means.

Gail

Mkxoxo3 replied to georgiagail's response:
Went in today. She ordered an ultrasound as a first step. She said chances are it is a limpona? but that she doesn't want to mess around. I have an ultrasound scheduled for early January. Ugh. Now I have to wait!!

Vernmalloy replied to Mkxoxo3's response:
Its very strange. You may do the regular treatment for this because it may also prove very dangerous. Isn't it something different, that your lump node have been swollen and you don't even have the pain.

http://www.zippd.com.au

wisdomaid responded:
That is strange. I've never heard of that before. I'm sure you'll be ok though.

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.