Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
just curious
yokeley posted:
hi everybody

i was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ of my cervix my oncologist did a hysterectomy and said it was just inside my cervix not my uterus so it is gone but i will have to see her on a regular basis now to make sure i dont get cancer somewhere else. im gonna talk to her more when i go back and see her but was just wondering what are my chances of getting a second type of cancer since i have already had it? i didnt need any treatments just a hysterectomy. thank you everybody and god bless

georgiagail responded:
Your chances of getting a second type of cancer are no greater now than before. Having had one type of cancer does not increase your risk of getting a different type. The risk of a cancer is that it is not caught before it has a chance to spread to another part of the body.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis for cancer care Healing Hypnotically
One of the earliest documented uses of hypnosis with a cancer patient there is strong evidence that an individual's cancer risk can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.